Casa enorme, 4 quartos, 2. 5 Banhos (Sleeps 6-9)
Maria Rodriguez Donoghue
- Idiomas :
- Inglês, Espanhol
Regras da Casa
Política de Cancelamento
Não haverá reembolso no caso de cancelamentos feitos após o pagamento.
This was a cute house with an antique Bohemian Feel. It feels a bit like a tree house as the top floor and main are separated by slabs of wood.
Maria was overall helpful and nice to communicated with.
Amalia who is the cleaner/care taker was very sweet, but did not show up when she said she would.
We did have some issue.
1. This house has a pest problem. There are thick black spiders in the bedrooms upstairs and streams of ants in the kitchen.
2. The hot water is very poor and inconsistent. There is a plug that needs to go in for the hot water. Even after plugging that in, we had to jump in and out of the shower as the water turns from freezing to boiling every 2 to 4 minutes.
3. The bath stopper in the bathroom is broken.
4. You hear dogs barking and cars honking all night. The street looks tiny, and it looks like it should be quiet, but it seems that the dogs congregate next door because the noise is impossible.
5. The internet was very weak.
6. The house is dark. It’s actually exactly as it looks in the photos.
7. Maria was upset that we had left the house a mess. And it certainly is true, it was left a mess. But in my defense, I knew that we would leave a larger mess than covered in the cleaning fee, so I offered to pay Amalia (who Maria said would come) on my own to clean. She never came.
So overall we had a pleasant stay. I think if they fix those few issues above, and not feel the need to unnecessarily threaten guests, it is the perfect house to rent in Cusco.
Also a note to future renters: they offer plug in heaters in every room. A lot of people complained about the house being cold in previous comments, but we did not have this issue at all.
Here is my response to this guest who I unfortunately had to report due to their behavior and poor attitude regarding their stay. To reiterate, they brought more people into the house than is permitted, left the home filthy, rearranged items and did not return them, expected the cleaning lady to do free extra clean up during their stay etc. I have witnesses and pictures to prove these behaviors and would not recommend this guest. I believe that this guest's review is a product of her desperation and lack of sensibility and she acknowledges that she did not comply at minimum with the house rules. Thankfully, she is the exception and all our experiences with guests have been very positive as evidenced by all our reviews where guests have been thankful to stay at our property.
Our family stayed in the Colonial House and we loved it. The house was beautiful, clean, and only a few blocks away from the plaza and all of the historic sites, museums, and shopping. There is also a supermarket very close which was convenient. The owner Maria offered us personal attention and helped us with everything we needed. She has a farm out in Sacred Valley and invited us to visit one day for a traditional meal. I highly recommend this home and thank Maria for making our trip a great one.
Great location, fun property!
Marita made us feel very welcome! The house was perfect for our needs. Kitchen was supplied with many conveniences.
Great place for a large group in Cusco
My group of 6 travelers loved staying here during our time in Cusco. The place was comfortable, clean, and Marita took the time both when we arrived and throughout our visit to make sure we felt comfortable. She even took the time to recommend sites to see and her favorite restaurants.
Beautiful property, chonvenient location
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Cusco. The home was, clean and well appointed. We were greeted by the host upon our arrival and they were available to address any needs we had. We were a family of six and had plenty of room. There was one watch out: we were there in July and the night time temperatures were in the low 30s F and the house was NOT HEATED. There was a fireplace, but it provided limited heat through the house.
We loved staying at the Colonial House! It was the perfect location close to the Plaza de las Armas, maybe an 8 minute walk. Marita was very hospitable and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here with a group of friends or one family.
The house did get a bit cold, so be sure to utilize the fireplace upstairs and all of the extra blankets!
Mercado Central San Pedro
Orion Super maket.
Plaza de armas