|Tipo de imóvel||casebre|
|Estadia Mínima||3 noites|
Em frente ao lago, belo pôr do sol, 4 quartos, acomoda 8 pessoas confortavelmente, 1 banheiro, cozinha, sala de jantar, sala de estar, grande sala de sol com vista para o pôr do sol, animais de estimação, poço do fogo para pequenos incêndios, mesa de piquenique, cadeiras ao ar livre, ao ar livre churrasqueira a gás.
Para entretenimento indoor, há TV a cabo, serviço de internet, leitores de DVD e DVD, jogos de livros, etc.
Para entretenimento ao ar livre há um caiaque, canoa, remos, coletes salva-vidas, pesca, natação e uma rasa cais de águas / profunda. Há bicicletas e trilhas para caminhada.
My family and I booked this property for a 3 night stay to wrap up our Maine vacation and we were excited about staying on a beautiful lake. We unfortunately had to write the place off and check into a hotel, forfeiting our rental fee. Here are my warnings to you so that you don't make the same mistake:
1) This property is not suitable for small children. This is a lake cottage and it doesn't seem built to any building code I've ever heard of. There are exposed electrical wires all throughout the house including a 220v wire that runs right beside the bed that we were going to let our toddler sleep in (she was trying to pull on it like it was a switch to open a magical door). Several outlets did not have cover plates, including the one that had a night light in it (just inviting the kid to reach in and explore). Also, if you look at the pictures you will see how the slope of the roof cuts into the bedrooms. What you don't see are the exposed nails sticking out about 1 inch that attach the shingles to the roof. They are at just the right height to put a pretty big hole in a running kid's head. Now I'm not a huge safety nazi but I could not in good conscience let my kids run around this house.
2) Towels and sheets are *NOT* included. We didn't realize this until we showed up. We searched all over the house and found one hand towel and a couple of dish towels. Comforters are provided but you'll have to bring pillow cases, fitted sheets, and top sheets unless you like sleeping directly on the mattress. We called Frank and he said "Sorry, happens all the time". I went back and read everything in the overview and rental agreement and the only clue that you have to provide your own linens is a bullet item in the rental rules of the lease agreement. Sorry Frank, but if it happens all the time you need to do a better job of warning future tenants. At the time there was no option for us to get towels and sheets so that sealed the deal and we checked into a hotel.
3) If you have a light sleeper or a snorer in your group you will be miserable. The walls of the bedrooms do not go all the way to the ceiling to allow warm air from the heater on the first floor to cycle through the whole house.
4) This place was *HOT* in august. The building seems to trap the heat of the day and the barely working fans that were provided did not do a good job of cooling the place off.
4) This is a subjective warning: the place smells like wet dog.
The camp was perfect for my kids and me. The location was superb, the water and weather were perfect and we were not ready to leave! The camp is not fancy, but that's good for us, and exactly what a lake retreat should be. We loved it and would love to return.
This house was the perfect place for our family to gather, run around, fish, swim and eat. One night, after storytelling around the fire pit, we filled the rooms, including the spare bunk house, with 12 people, and when we woke up in the morning it was easy for all of to get breakfast comfortably. We were surprised there were no towels or sheets, and having traveled from California we were not able to bring those things. Fortunately we arranged with the local family to help out on those matters. All in all, it was a wonderful stay.
This little charm was exactly what we were looking for for our yearly couples anniversary vacation. With six adults, the space was perfect. Sitting out on the dock in the sun, fishing all day, cooking on the grill, and having a fire or playing board/card games at night. This was the life. The accommodations were better than perfect and more than we could ask for. The location is perfect with the grocery store within 10 minutes away but just far enough into the woods. Thank you! We can not wait to return!
I hesitate to leave this review because I want to keep the secret to myself, but I feel we owe it to the owners and their wonderful hospitality to let the cat out of the bag, this is a fantastically simple and beautifully decorated rustic house on a beautiful lake but also very close to Portland and activities. The best of all worlds. We canoed, swam, sat by the firepit, ate lobster, relieved my youth with lazy days on Sebago, took a fabulous hands on family farm tour at pineland farms, ate whoopie pies and ice cream, toured islands, played games at night, explored Portland's fantastic restaurants, and had a wonderful time making memories. Frank was so responsive and helpful and we found the stay very comfortable and easy. We hope to return! Thanks so much!!
We were here for a week and I would have gladly stayed for a month.The cottage was clean/homey/well stocked inside and out and in a very quiet spot.We cooked most of our meals over wood in the burn pit on the lawn overlooking the lake...much nicer then going to a restaurant.The lake was remarkably clean so we spent a lot of time in the water and in the kayak. We were visited by ducks every morning on the dock while we enjoyed a cup of coffee and one morning we were blessed with an eagle flying over low enough for us to get some great photos of it.It was wonderful that they allowed us to bring our dog and she enjoyed this great cottage/yard/lake as much as we did.We took the post office boat tour out of Portland which delivers mail to the outer islands in Casco Bay. It was a budget friendly/dog friendly tour that allowed you to see some great sights and see how the tough 'ole Mainers live in the winter months. Amazing to us that people actually live so far out in the water year around...great tour.
If you're looking for a place to just relax and enjoy nature this is the place for you.The owner was very friendly/helpful and even contacted us to see if we left something behind when we left...it turns out we did and he sent it to us a couple days later.our impression of the week in Maine was serene/refreshing/perfection.
A curta distância de Freeport, LL Bean, shopping outlet, centro de Portland, Porto Velho com cinco estrelas de jantar, belas praias oceânicas, Portland Seadogs Baseball
|Validade da Tarifa||por noite||Noite (fim de semana)||por semana||por mês *||Pacote ou Evento|
Estadia mínima: 3 noite(s)
A partir deR$ 718
* Tarifa mensal aproximada. O valor real dependerá dos dias em que você de fato se hospedar no imóvel.